Saturday 13 September 2014

10K RUN



Well its that time for me to get ready for my 1st 10k charity run, ive been training since 16th January 2014 for this, to some this might seem along time for a 10k run.

But wait let me explain, on the 16/12/13 i weighted myself, and to my horror discovered i was 16st 10lb, walking up stairs was difficult my breathing was laboured i was constantly tired, so decision time new years resolution and all that crap, so i joined a gym.

And so 9mnths later iam 12st 6lb doing nothing but exercise, and cutting down on my food intake(chocolate/crisps/sweets/puddings) reducing the size of meals, cycling to work instead of using the car.

My climbing has improved beyond belief mainly because of confidence but also power to weight has increased, the grades have gone from M/VDiffs to HS/VS's, but it all really started to improve when i started road running, even though i was told i wasnt suited to it, this just made me more determined.

Now iam running 10k in 1 hour, not bad for some-one who only started road running 3 months ago, and has'nt run in over 25yrs since leaving school.

This is me at The Roaches last july when i began climbing again.

Look at me here my stomach bursting over my harness which is extra large, i thought i looked good but the walk in(horseshoe quarry) had me panting sweaty mess, and so the healthy me started after this picture was taken.

And now this is a group of us at symmonds yat in july this year, notice the diffrence, loss of 4 chins medium t-shirt, 34in trousers and a better looking me.

And now the point of this blog its a healthier me, a calmer person, and all to the power of exercise which has helped me so now iam helping others with this run





No comments:

Post a Comment